September – October 2017
It’s so exciting to think that this Saturday we are celebrating FIVE years of So & So. We are thrilled that you have all been a part of this journey, whether from the outset, or indeed if you have just joined. It’s wonderful to have you with us on the road.
With that in mind, we’d love to see as many of you London (or not so London) locals as possible at So & So At The Bridge for our 5th anniversary party this Saturday! Due to building security, you need to register your attendance, otherwise, we won’t be able to let you in! So click here to sign up.
What Our Members Are Up To
- Stefania Montesolaro has co-written The Wily Widow, which will be landing at the Hen & Chickens in Islington in November. This follows a successful read-through at The Actors Centre last December.
- Sophie Gilpin‘s Festival of Sex, Love and Death brings together a selection of the UK’s most exciting theatre makers from 26 October – 4 November at The Pleasance, London. With a female-led production of Mozart’s masterpiece Don Giovanni at its heart, the Festival has something for everyone – opera, dance, cabaret, new writing, and physical theatre.
- Congratulations to Rona Topaz for performing in the very worthwhile Journey With A View, a series of short playlets on the theme of mental health, which was performed just yesterday at The Recovery College.
- Francesca Mepham performed in a rehearsed reading of Brian Friel’s Translations, as the role of Sarah, at Park Theatre directed by Kenneth Michaels. She has also written and produced No One Wants A Pretty Girl at the Bread & Roses Theatre on 16 October. An extract will also be performed an Instinct Theatre event on 29 October.
- Monica Salvi performs in Mad Women In My Attic! as she delves into the delinquents of modern musicals at The Other Palace on 28 October.
- Andrew Sharpe and Kat Rogers are developing a new project Meet Me At The Nightingale, so stay tuned for more info on that!
- Gail Louw‘s tour de force of 4 of the Mitford sisters is going on tour from the 14 November to 9 February. Full tour dates here.
- Henry Proffit stars in Macbeth at the Bussey Building from 31 October – 18 November.
- And finally Pat Garrett is playing older Robyn in the new dark four hander play The Box at the White Bear Theatre in Kennington from 3 to 7 October.
And to reiterate about the fabulous new pop-up venue Sarah and I have been hard at work on – So & So Streatham really will be something special we think. We are offering special hire rates to So & Sos. The important thing to remember is that you pay hire and tech fees and then you keep 100% of the net box office! How amazing is that? Bargain. So if you want to propose a piece, just drop us as email or visit the website, where there is far more information to be had.
Hope to see as many of you as possible at the 5 year anniversary party!