September is racing ahead of us and there’s lots on the horizon and some opportunities below, including some casting opportunities for readings, and also a special discount for an upcoming workshop by Linzy Attenborough.
What Our Members Are Up To
- Soldier On written by Jonathan Lewis, which included Rekha John Cheriyan and was originally stage managed by Becky Brown, transfers to The Other Palace from 25 Oct until 24 Nov. The play employs music, dance and mixed media. It is by turns viscerally realistic, shockingly funny, and intensely emotional.
- Abi Zakarian‘s Fabric opens tonight at the Soho Theatre and runs until 22 Sep.
- Lynsey Beauchamp is heading to the Netherlands Film Festival in Utrecht on 29 Sep for the world premiere of Dutch feature film My Foolish Heart, about the last days of jazz trumpeter Chet Baker, in which she plays Sarah. The film will be released in cinemas there on 1 Nov, with news of a UK release to come. Watch the trailer here.
- The Marilyn Conspiracy has just completed a successful run at The Assembly, Edinburgh. Written by Vicki McKellar and Guy Masterson, the show garnered 4 and 5 star reviews, and will transfer to the West End of London in 2019.
- Jim Mannering‘s new book, In the Wake of the Exiled is out and getting great feedback and reviews. It can be purchased through Amazon.
- Érin Geraghty is currently filming Sequins in Blackpool.
- Tom Slatter is performing in The Gap (a one-act comedy) at the Bread & Roses Theatre in Clapham, as part of the Clapham Fringe Festival from 8-9 Oct.
- Rachel Fenwick is in a short play that’s part of the Little Pieces of Gold new writing night at the Southwark Playhouse on the 23 Sep at 7pm.
- Janine Leigh will soon play Moira in A Night in Provence at The Mill at Sonning, this comes straight after Sarah Lawrie finishes a run in Ten Times Table, which closes 22 Sep.
- Becky Brown will soon be CSM on a new play, Goal, at the Courtyard Theatre in Hereford.
- After finishing the summer rep season at Broadstairs, Clive Greenwood will be playing Harry Secombe in the first live tour of The Goon Show celebrating the centenary of Spike Milligan’s birth. Produced by Apollo Theatre Company in association with Spike Milligan Productions and Norma Farnes Management the tour runs from Sep-Nov.
- Gail Louw is mid-way through a 23-venue tour of her new work, Shackleton’s Carpenter from 5 Sep – 1 Dec. Her play Larkin Descending has just finished a short run at Upstairs at the Gatehouse. And also Blonde Poison is on in Berlin at the Brotfabrik with Dulcie Smart and Robert Chevara directing. It is in English and will open 21 Sep for 2 weeks.
- Julia Sowerbutts‘s company INK, now in its 5th year, is a theatre company that sources, develops and produces the best new short plays by writers with connections to East Anglia. Watch their 90 second promo. Entries for the 2019 Festival close on 5 Nov.
Congratulations to Janine Leigh, Gaylene Butler, who join us as yearly members.
Best wishes to all,