October – November 2018
Another Kick Up The Arts is coming and we have our full lineup ready to see! Check it out below to see what workshops we are hosting. So & Sos get discounts for both day and week tickets, for £15/day or £65/week – what a bargain!
What Our Members Are Up To
- Lea Sellers and Clea Williams of Summer Stock Theatre presented a reading of their new piece, D Minor, a play raising awareness about mental health in young women. The reading took place on 1 Nov at Theatre Deli and Summer Stock are looking to raise funds for a full-scale production of the piece. are having a rehearsed reading on 1st Nov 2018 at Theatre Deli. For more information, please email.
- Claire Louise Amias‘s new play Ink & Oranges, about Nell Gwyn and Aphra Behn will be coming to the stage in Apr 2019, starring both Claire and Sarah Lawrie.
- Rena Brannan‘s The History of Two Lovers is receiving 5 days of workshopping and a staged reading at the end of this week as part of the ArcolaLab initiative. Playing in the cast from the Club will be Sophie Ward, Colleen Prendergast, and Sarah Lawrie. We hope it receives the development and opportunity it deserves.
- Paul Sockett will be performing in A Midsummer Night’s Dream for Honey-Tongued Productions in late-January at The Bermuda Festival of Performing Arts. The site-specific show was also performed at Fort Lovrijenac in Dubrovnik, Croatia in July as part of Midsummer Scene (an annual arts festival).
- In November, Michael Gabe will be playing Ebenezer Scrooge in a musical adaptation of A Christmas Carol at the Forum Theatre Billingham.
- Daniel Dresner‘s A Life-Coaching Approach To Screen Acting, published by Bloomsbury/Methuen, has sold over 300 copies in its first week. There is a 35% discount code GLR MP5 which can be redeemed online.
- Sarah Shelton performs as Fraulein Schneider in Cabaret at the English Theatre in Frankfurt, which opened on 3 Nov and running until 10 Mar. It then transfers to Munich from 26 Mar – 3 Apr.
- Sarah Berger directs Thelma Ruby and Sean Baker in Momma Golda, a revival of the brilliant piece by Thelma concerning Golda Meir, based on William Gibson’s Golda. It opened on Sunday and Monday to full houses and there are only a handful of tickets left for Saturday matinee.
- Linnie Reedman presents Looking for Gatsby opening at The Other Palace 12 – 14 Nov – an exciting new musical based on The Great Gatsby told through the experiences of Daisy Buchanan.
- Soldier On written by Jonathan Lewis, which included Rekha John Cheriyan and was originally stage managed by Becky Brown, opens this week at The Other Palace until 24 Nov. The play employs music, dance and mixed media. It is by turns viscerally realistic, shockingly funny, and intensely emotional.
Congratulations to Ruth Redman and Christopher Orr, who have joined the Club as Lifetime Members, along with Emily Swain and Jessica Bailes, who have joined as yearly members.