Hello to all you wonderful So & Soers. It’s been a fantastic couple of weeks. Thank you to all those who came to the 5 year party – it was a brilliant bash and long may we all reign.
What Our Members Are Up To
- Simon Green will be returning to Brasserie Zedel’s Crazy Coqs with our new show, Life is for Living, which premiered at New York’s 59E59 last Christmas. He is very excited to win the 2017 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Revue.
- Kasia Różycki directs The Mysterious Gentleman, from 31 October – 18 November, a play incorporating stage magic that explores the eternal question of what lies beyond death, told through the life story of mercurial magician JN Maskelyne.
- Kat Rogers of KatAlyst Productions brings The House will run at The Maltings Arts Theatre from Thursday 14th – Saturday 16th September. It will then be moving onto The Bread & Roses Theatre in October.
- Richard Fitchett has a one act play, Daisy Bell on for three nights as part of the Mad Apple Collective ‘Locked Room‘ evening. It is on for three nights – 12 October to 14 October inclusive at ACanteen, Chelmsford.
- Tremayne Miller recently conducted an interview with Michael Berry and “the maestro” of the Stuck, Giancarlo Esposito, featured in The Closing Gala of the 25th Raindance Festival.
- Leslie Mildiner, the playwright of American Venus, directs his award-winning adaptation of Orwell’s Coming Up For Air, at Kay Meeks Theatre Centre, Vancouver, Canada coming up in November 2017. And in June, his new musical-comedy The Sweet Life was showcased at Touchstone Theatre’s In Tune Conference, also in Vancouver.
- Andrew Sharpe presents his new play My Celebrity Friend at the Hackney Attic on 23 October as the first of seven successive nights of new writing at the Hackney Attic Theatre Festival.
- Ros Adler’s short story, Summer Lease has been published as part of an anthology, with the print version available on 15 October. All proceeds will go to Against Malaria.
- Keya Crenshaw, CEO of Black Chick Media will open submissions for the 2nd Annual Columbus Black International Film Festival on 9 January 2018, with the earlybird deadline 31 January 2018.
All the best to everyone,