Take advantage of Lifetime Membership – just follow these instructions to never have to worry about paying your subs ever again.
Sarah and I are hoping to work on a run of something together later in the year. Sarah wants a meaty part to get her teeth into, and I will direct. We’re looking for a 2/3 hander, so if you know of anything/have anything in the bottom drawer – do let us know!
Thanks for all of you who came to see The Ragged Regiment Club reading on 26 Apr. It was wildly successful and a great bunch of people came together to riotous taxidermical effect! Our next one will be at So & So @ The Manor in June, 2 great roles for Asian women, so do spread the word. The piece will be This Bloody River by Mark Crumpler, about unrequited and cross-continental love.
We are thinking of holding a series of workshops on a range of topics from TV acting, casting, self taping, producing, Shakespeare and more. We think we might hold these over 4 weeks on a mixture of evenings and weekends, and they would be very cheap at £25 for all five workshops. We’d love to hear your thoughts about this, on what topics to cover, when to hold them etc – so do get in touch!
We now have a cheap casting/small rehearsal room available at So & So @ The Bridge for just £8/hr! The room measures 3x4m so perfect for small groups! Email for info and to book.
What Our Members Are Up To
- The Tabard Theatre is hosting a fundraising event on 20 May, In Conversation with Phyllis Logan and Kevin McNally, so do get along to support Phyllis and Kevin and a great venue!
- David Mildon will be understudying the lead in the National Theatre’s West End transfer of Consent to the Harold Pinter Theatre from 18 May.
- On 12 May Simon Willshire will be in a new musical called The Dream at the Actors’ Church in Covent Garden as part of Iris Theatre’s Workin Process scheme.
- Maria Negoita has developed a one woman show called Nothing Like Your Profile Picture in partnership with Fragility London. It is on on the 5th and 9 May as part of Wandsworth Arts Fringe.
- Sofi Berenger and Iris Theatre present Bismillah! (An ISIS Tragicomedy) at the Pleasance Theatre until 13 May, as well as H.R.Haitch, a right royal musical comedy, at the Union Theatre from 9 May – 2 Jun.
- Gay Soper is in at the Storyhouse, a wonderful new arts centre in Chester. She is playing Madame Armfeldt in Sondheim’s A Little Night Music, plus Rebecca Nurse in Miller’s The Crucible. Playing from until 8 Jul.
- Ken Rea invites you all to his FREE interactive lecture ‘Training the Outstanding Actor‘ TONIGHT, in which he outlines his discoveries and insights drawing on over 30 years’ teaching and research at Guildhall and globally. With a group of actors, and using video footage and live video playback, he will demonstrate how to nurture the actor’s imagination, individuality and charisma.
- Ariella Eshed is continuing her work on Under the Skin, which started at Women and War and will run at Brighton Fringe Festival on 16 and 17 May at the Warren Theatre Box.
- Clive Greenwood is playing the lead role of David Woods in a new thriller, Twist, being toured by Baroque Theatre between until Jun.
- Dave Spencer is directing an adaptation of The Yellow Wallpaper at Omnibus Theatre in June. Watch the trailer here.
- Frazer Blaxland is perfoming in The Old Room by William Stanton, produced by Shenagh Govner at the White Bear Theatre until 12 May.
- Kat-Anne Rogers will be appearing in a new play up North on 26 May and 8 Jun, Warrior, by Tina Shuker-Abel.
- Richard Fitchett has two script-in-hand performances on at Wandsworth Arts Fringe Festival, Swag (13 May) and Tooting Shorts (20 May). They are both on at The Antelope, Tooting Broadway, two minutes from the underground station.
- And finally, Kasia Różycki would like to share her call out for script submissions. Click for the PDF detailing the process.