Take advantage of Lifetime Membership – just follow these instructions to never have to worry about paying your subs again.
It’s Club Reading Week and this time round we have This Bloody River by Mark Crumpler. This reading will be at So & So @ The Manor on Thursday. Doors open at 7pm with a 7.30pm start time. As ever, you don’t not need a ticket or to tell you’re coming – just turn up at 7!
What Our Members Are Up To
- Stewart Permutt‘s play A Dark Night in Dalston, starring Michelle Collins and Joe Coen, was selected as one of the Top Five Plays at The Park 90 in an audience and staff survey.
- Edmund Dehn will be appearing as Krapp in Samuel Beckett’s Krapp’s Last Tape at the Assembly Rooms in Durham for Elysium TC, directed by Jake Murray, on 23/24 June. It plays with Beckett’s Footfalls.
- Gigi Burgdorf is playing Queen Palmer in Queen Palmer’s Court at Ightham Mote, written and produced by RSC actor Nicholas Day.
- Jim Mannering introduces us to the third least expensive diner of a coastal town with no name, in Cafe of the Damned, a pacey, darkly comic thriller, with five twists and no scene changes. It stars So & Sos Jim and Rekha John-Cheriyan, runs for an hour, and is a tenner to get in. Impossible to regret coming! Runs 10-15 Jul.
- Deborah Freeman‘s play Remedies is having a one day workshop at The White Bear on 23 Jun. She is seeking two more actors to complete the cast of 4 (1M & 1 F, both early- to mid-50s). It is a new play, and I want to play around with one or two scenes. No fee, but sandwiches drinks and travel available. Get in touch!
- Simon David Eden‘s The Gift of the Gab runs 9 June at the White Bear Theatre and has received rave reviews! Helena Michell produces.
- Claire Louise Amias plays Margaret Thatcher in Handbagged and Sheila in Relatively Speaking in June and July at Theatre Royal Windsor, with the latter being directed by Claire Evans, both Claires would love to see some So & Sos there!
- Gay Soper is playing the Storyhouse, a wonderful new arts centre in Chester. She is playing Madame Armfeldt in Sondheim’s A Little Night Music, plus Rebecca Nurse in Miller’s The Crucible. Playing from until 8 Jul.
- Also at the Storyhouse, currently rehearsing as part of the Made In Storyhouse 2018, is Dominic Rye.
- Ros Adler‘s play Prince of Hearts, which was given a rehearsed reading at So & So, has been chosen as one of five to be showcased (a reading) at Alan Ayckbourn’s Stephen Joseph Theatre in Scarborough on 6 July, directed by the excellent Lotte Wakeham.
- Dave Spencer has received rave reviews, including ★★★★ from The Stage for The Yellow Wallpaper at Omnibus Theatre, Clapham. If you’d like to get your hands on a cheeky 2-4-1 deal, use the code DAFFODIL when adding 2 standard tickets!