August is always a busy time for all of us so it’s so wonderful to see that so many of you are active and doing great and exciting things.
Sarah and I have been busy too and are hard at work programming the first season at our new pop-up venue, So & So Streatham. We are offering special hire deals throughout September and also special rates to So & Sos. The important thing to remember is that you pay hire and tech fees and then you keep 100% of the net box office! How amazing is that? Bargain. So if you want to propose a piece, just drop us as email or visit the website, where there is far more information to be had.
What Our Members Are Up To
- Daniel Cainer is performing in More Gefilte Fish & Chips up at the Edinburgh Fringe, at the Underbelly George Square at 12pm daily throughout Aug.
- Edmund Dehn is currently appearing in Catastrophists at The White Bear Theatre until 26 Aug – they’ve been selling really well this first week so make sure you book!
- He will then be starring in the English translation premiere of Death Of A Hunter in Berlin, a one-man show about the last hours of Ernest Hemingway’s life, directed by Anthony Shrubsall. And on from that, Edmund will be appearing in a Norwegian TV series, Lykkeland. Congrats on being so busy!
- Gay Soper is playing Grandma Mole in The Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole – The Musical at the Menier Chocolate Factory until 9 Sep, which has received some excellent reviews!
- Lesley Stone is up at the Fringe as well with her critically acclaimed sell-out show Be Prepared!. It runs from 21-26 Aug at The Space @ Surgeon’s Hall.
- Nigel Osner revisits his Angel To Vampire! as part of the Camden Fringe over at Upstairs at the Gatehouse on 26 and 27 Aug.
- Karen Bartholomew and Motormouse Productions have received a commission to revive God’s Waiting Room at the Brook Theatre, Chatham, working closely with the End of Life Care Team.
- Karen also has her play Spin City on as part of the Breaking Waves New Writing Competition on 29 and 30 Sep in Hastings.
- And finally, Karen is also delighted to be taking on the role of Agnes Bennett in Martin McNamara’s IED at Theatre N16 from 7-12 Nov.
- Having just completed some filming, Pat Garrett is not stopping working and has jumped straight into the leading role of Barbara in A Destiny With Death at the Cockpit Theatre for the Camden Fringe Festival, from 18-20 Aug.
- And last but not least, Kat Rogers and KatAlyst Productions are staging the wonderful play The House, which premiered as a So & So reading. It will be performed first in The Maltings Theatre in St Albans during Sep and then moves to the Bread & Roses in Oct. Sally Paffett joins the cast.
Hope you’re all well,