April – May 2018
Our next Club reading, The Ragged Regiment by Robert Cohen, will take place on Thursday at 7.30pm at So & So @ The Bridge. Linnie Reedman directs a brilliant cast including Anita Graham, Luke Harding, Sarah Lawrie, Tracey-Anne Liles, and Toby Osmond. As always it will be free and non-ticketed, and we’ll run our super cheap bar for chats and merriment afterwards.
There are still some spaces for the Paul Clayton workshops with discounted tickets for So & Sos (1 and 15 May at the Bridge). The two workshops, Cashing in on Corporates and Making the Meeting Work, focus on the world of corporate role-play – how to get into it, how to make money out of it, and how to be great at it; and how to really sell yourself at an audition and make that first impression count. Use code ‘soandsosavings’ to get the discount.
What Our Members Are Up To
- Sofi Berenger and Iris Theatre present Bismillah!(An ISIS Tragicomedy) at the Pleasance Theatre from 24 Apr – 13 May, as well as H.R.Haitch, a right royal musical comedy, at the Union Theatre from 9 May – 2 Jun.
- Nina-Marie Gardner invites you to her series of playwriting workshops ‘Play-Lits’ at Duenna Books in Fitzrovia, which begin 5th of May.
- Gay Soper is in rehearsal at the Storyhouse, a wonderful new arts centre in Chester. IShe is playing Madame Armfeldt in Sondheim’s A Little Night Music, plus Rebecca Nurse in Miller’s The Crucible. Playing from 5 May – 8 Jul.
- Ken Rea invites you all to his FREE interactive lecture ‘Training the Outstanding Actor‘ on 9 May, in which he outlines his discoveries and insights drawing on over 30 years’ teaching and research at Guildhall and globally. With a group of actors, and using video footage and live video playback, he will demonstrate how to nurture the actor’s imagination, individuality and charisma.
- Ariella Eshed is continuing her work on Under the Skin, which started at Women and War and will run at Brighton Fringe Festival on 16 and 17 May at the Warren Theatre Box.
- Clive Greenwood is playing the lead role of David Woods in a new thriller, Twist, being toured by Baroque Theatre between Apr-Jun.
- Natalie Harper is the lead in a dramatic reading of a book called Voice from Violence: A Woman’s Journey to Self Healing, chronicling her experiences with domestic violence and the road to recovery. She performs on 22 and 29 Apr and 6 May at Balham Seventh Day Adventist Church.
- Rachel Fenwick is performing in The Unfortunate Trial of Robin Goodfellow by James Haddrell – part of new writing night Voices in the Dark by Culture Clash Theatre.
- Lennie Varvarides has been running SundaySurgery since 2010 to support dyslexic/neurodiverse writers and is produced by DYSPLA. If you are working on a new, (or old) script in need of further development, please email a 15 page sample together with a short synopsis and character breakdown to for consideration. Please do not send the first 15 pages. SundaySurgery will attach a professional Director who will challenge the script, we will offer you casting services to attract the best actors to your scene and will offer you 2 hours rehearsal space to explore the script and to put it on its feet before our industry guests from our Directors and Producers Meetup arrive. The upcoming deadline is 30 Apr!
- Dave Spencer is directing an adaptation of The Yellow Wallpaper at Omnibus Theatre in June. Early bird tickets are available now until 7 May – just use code CATCHTHEWORM at checkout.
- Frazer Blaxland is perfoming in The Old Room by William Stanton, produced by Shenagh Govner at the White Bear Theatre from 24 Apr – 12 May.
- Kat-Anne Rogers will be appearing in a new play up North next month, Warrior, by Tina Shuker-Abel.
- Richard Fitchett has two script-in-hand performances on at Wandsworth Arts Fringe Festival, Swag (13 May) and Tooting Shorts (20 May). They are both on at The Antelope, Tooting Broadway, two minutes from the underground station.
- And finally, Kasia Różycki would like to share her call out for script submissions. Click for the PDF detailing the process.
Please keep spreading the word about our fabulous new home – So & So @ The Manor. We have desk space in lockable offices for only £175 pcm all-in and a fabulous large rehearsal room, as well as cheap casting rooms. Or if you want a room to yourself and your company, we are offering discounts! More information on the website.